- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Individuals who wishes to be registered as an elector must first go to the Ministry of Border Control Office to register and obtain their TC Islander Status Card and at the same time complete the Elections Department registration application form and submit the same to the Elections Office in Grand Turk and Providenciales and District Commissioners Offices in Salt Cay, South Caicos Middle and North Caicos. Once the TC Islander status of the applicant is verified and approved the elector will be registered as a voter in the district he/she is resident. Persons will only be registered in one electoral district as an elector.
- For individuals who resides outside the Islands working on Government business or a student and qualifies to be registered as an elector, they must first complete and sign the application for registration form and send it to the Election Supervisor. Documents that must be submitted along with the registration form:
- If the applicant is on Government business working abroad, he/she must produce documents relating to his/her employment with the Government.
- For students residing abroad, he/she must present to the Supervisor a recent letter from the Ministry of Education Permanent Secretary. The letter produce must be recent and indicate that the student is actually on Government Scholarship. If not on a Government Scholarship a recent letter from a senior official at the educational establishment confirming that he/she is a bona fide student must be produced.
- Copies of the electoral rolls are posted in the ten electoral districts in conspicuous places for inspection also master copies are posted at the Elections Office in Grand Turk and Providenciales at the District Commissioners offices in Salt Cay Middle and North Caicos, at the Governors Office in Grand Turk and also can be access on line through the government website.
Note: Anyone who will knowingly make a statement in the application form which is false in a material particular, or submits a document in support of his/her application which is false in a material particular or which has been altered without lawful authority, is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of $1,000 and imprisonment for three months.
- Completed registration form
Office Locations & Contacts
adjacent to the Deputy Governors Office
An individual may vote if:
- He or she was lawfully registered as such
- He or she on the qualifying date has attained the age of 18
- He or she is resident in the Islands and has been so for not less than twelve months, in aggregate, out of two years immediately preceding the qualifying date, or he or she is a member of Her Majestys Forces, a person working abroad on Government business or a student abroad in such circumstances
- He or she is a Turks and Caicos Islander
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Once registered you cannot be removed from the electoral roll unless you are "disqualified" due to any of the following cases:
- You are serving a term of imprisonment exceeding 12 months
- You are certified to be insane
- You have committed an elections offence
- You no longer meet the residency requirements of not being absent from the Islands for more than 12 months in aggregate of 2 years
- The voter dies
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtubewidth = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Voter registration in the Turks and Caicos Islands is a continuous process and the qualifying date for registration as a voter where the poll is held in the period of 12 months following is March 1.
Application form to be registered as an elector can be submitted to the elections office 2nd floor Waterloo Plaza Grand Turk the office is adjacent to the Deputy Governors Office, in Providenciales to the Elections Office located at Butterfield Square and at the District Commissioners Offices in Salt Cay, South Caicos Middle and North Caicos.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.e.g.1. Date of Birth.2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
An electoral roll is a list of all those registered to vote, in a particular place.
Following are procedures on how you can register as a voter in Turks and Caicos Islands.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Government of Turks and Caicos Islands Web Portal:
- Frequently asked questions:
More information which might help people.