- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Registration is done in two stages, first you must go to your local civil registry office to apply for the procedure and submit all the required documents.
- Your application will be reviewed by the officer. It will take about 8 days for your application to be processed.
- If all submitted documents and information checks out, you will be asked to visit the office again to pay for the marriage certificate.
- Original Certificate of Marriage by a judge or notary deed.
- Copy of identity cards of both spouses.
- Copy of birth certificate of both spouses.
- Copy of birth certificates of children recognized (if applicable).
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Registry Office - Managua
Centro Civico, Modulo A, Planta Baja
Other locations and contact numbers
Who may file the application: Either spouses.
- Registration: Free
- Issuance of marriage certificate:
- Normal process (4-8 days): C $ 35
- Fast service (1 day): C $ 70
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 8 days for your application to be reviewed by the Office of Civil Registry.
Issuance of marriage certificate:
- Normal process: 4 to 8 days
- Fast service: 1 day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtubewidth = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Where to file your application: At your local civil registry.
- The date of marriage
- Personal information of spouses: Full name, age, profession, identity card number, address, nationality and parents' name
- Personal information of the witnesses: Full name, age, profession, identity card number, address
Need for the Document
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations. In Nicaragua, marriage registration is mandatory.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Civil Registry Office - Managua:
More information which might help people.