- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents=
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts=
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Make an appointment when applying for a passport at an Australia Post outlet in Australia.
- If applying from overseas contact your nearest Australian diplomatic or consular mission.
- The interviewer will check your application to ensure that it has been correctly completed and that the required supporting original documents have been submitted.
- Original supporting documents will be returned to you after sighting by the interviewer.
- You will only be asked questions that relate to the application
- You may be requested to submit further documents. All information provided is held in confidence.
- After processing passport will be mailed to the applicants address
- The application form completed in black ink or online;
- Two new colour photographs, one endorsed on the back, in black ink, by the guarantor who also completed section 12 of the application form;
- An original document that proves you are an Australian citizen
- Original identity documents that prove your identity (for example your current driver's licence) that shows your current name, address and signature;
- Original documents that provide proof of name changes from the name shown on your birth certificate, citizenship certificate or previous Australian passport (if applicable)
- The application fee
Office Locations & Contacts=
The Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) may be contacted on 131 232. APIS provides free service and advice to clients within Australia and New Zealand. An inter-active voice menu directs a caller to follow prompts based on the applicants enquiry stream. Select option zero (0) to speak with an advisor
All 2,067 citizens of the Christmas Island are eligible for the Australian passport
Preferred method of payment
- In Australia - cash, EFTPOS, MasterCard or Visa
- Overseas - Please contact the Australian diplomatic mission or consulate where you will be lodging your application for advice on payment methods. You may be required to pay the equivalent amount in local currency at the prevailing exchange rate.
- Includes diplomatic and official passports adult A$244 child A$122
- If you are a frequent traveler you have the option to apply for a frequent traveler passport which contains more visa pages than the Ordinary passport. adult A$366 child A$183
- A senior's passport with five years' validity is available for Australian citizens aged 75 years or over.A$122
- Senior's passport - Frequent traveller A$183
Australian passport are valid for 5yrs and should be renewed
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Australian Passport Office is committed to mailing out an eligible applicant's passport within ten working days of receiving all information and documentation they require
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtubewidth = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Adults applying for an Australian passport must be interviewed.
- A person under 18 years of age and who has never married may be exempt from being interviewed.
- However, the application should be lodged by a parent or person with a parental responsibility for the child.
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Applicant id
- Applicant parents id
Need for the Document
The Territory of Christmas Island is a territory of Australia in the Indian Ocean. It is called Christmas Island because it was discovered on Christmas Day.
The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development has overall responsibility for the territories, including the provision of state-type services. However, additional government services to Christmas Island, such as those involving quarantine and customs, are the responsibility of the relevant Australian Government agencies.
All Service Delivery Arrangements are undertaken by the Western Australian Government.
Information which might help
If you have changed your name since birth or gaining Australian citizenship, you may need to provide evidence of this change with your application
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for international travel
- Used for identification
- Used as a proof of citizenship
More information which might help people.