- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a replacement passport, applicants will need to submit their application in person to the Municipality/Administrative Unit or Commune where they are registered. A link is provided under 'Office Locations & Contacts' which you can use to locate a passport processing office.
- Applicants will need to complete an application form and submit it together with the original Police Report for lost/stolen Passport with correct data of citizen/document.
- Applicants will also be asked to present their identification document and the Police Self Declaration Form.
If you are outside Albania
- For applicants outside Albania, you will need to obtain Police Report for lost/stolen Passport, issued by the authorised bodies of the foreign country.
- Go to the nearest Embassy of Albania and complete an application to obtain a replacement passport. You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Albania in the country you are currently staying.
- Submit the completed application together with the certificate of loss and other required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Police Self Declaration Form is required for application for biometric passport for all Albanian Citizens. In order to fill the Police Self Declaration Form, the citizen need to present at the Police Station/Commissariat the following documents:
- Identification Document with Photo (ID Card, Certificate with Photo for citizen under 16 years old, if existing for citizen above 16 years Certificate with Photo).
- Two photos with size 4 x 5 cm.
- Note: Police Self Declaration Form is sent with formal letter by the Police Station/Commissariat to the Civil Status Office in which the citizen will apply for biometric passport.
- Identification Document (Birth Certificate; ID Card; Citizenship Certificate; etc).
- Original Police Report for lost/stolen Passport with correct data of citizen/document.
Office Locations & Contacts
Albanian Post Office - Voucher Purchase:
- Voucher for Passport with value of 7 500 ALL (15 calendar days).
- Voucher for Passport with Fast Track application process is 18 000 ALL (2-3 calendar days).
Passports issued to adults are valid for 10 years, and for citizens under the age of 16 years old its 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Passport applications are normally processed within 15 days.
If you are in hurry to obtain a passport you may choose the Fast Track application process which can take about 2 to 3 calendar days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation.Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtubewidth = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If you have not been issued an electronic ID card before, you may also apply for one when you submit a request for a passport.
- Passport application for Albanian Citizen under 16 years old need to perform the process of application and document retrieval in the presence of the parent, legal representative or authorised with special authorisation letter.
- Prior to biometric passport application with normal process or by Fast Track the citizen needs to perform a Police Self Declaration Form at the respective Police Station/Commissariat where the local government it is registered and performs declaration for application.
- Applicants must apply for the procedure in person.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.e.g.1. Date of Birth.2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides information on how you can replace a lost/stolen passport issued in Albania.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.